I don’t know about any of you, but every time I am out and about, and pumped to go running, I always forget to bring something I need. Whether that is headphones, arm band, or pretty much anything you’d ever need, I would forget.
If you are a runner like I am, you most likely have a set list of favorite products you love to use. Below I have listed my favorite products and essentials I have learned to always keep with me.
- Arm band! – I have a cheapy arm band I keep in my car in case I leave my nice one at home. And by cheapy, I mean this baby has been sewn back together multiple times from wear after years of running. Nike is my go-to brand for arm bands, because they stay in place during runs, instead of sliding down, but my backup is a $5 band from Walmart.
- Waist band/belt – When I first started training for my half, I thought I needed the top-of-the-line gear, so I bought a running belt to hold my phone and Gu. Turns out, it bounced quite a bit while running and I couldn’t adjust to that. If you aren’t 100% for arm bands, I would say these are second best. I got mine at Academy for $15.
- Towel or cleansing cloths – These will be your best friend if you’re a busy-body like I am! I have a small window each day to squeeze in a run, then I’m back to work or school. These can be found at any sports store. (They’re like baby wipes, but smell much better, leaving you feeling fresh after a workout.)
- Gu Gels and Chews – I have tried many of these, various brands and flavors, and let me warn you, you will find horrible horrible flavors, then you will find some amazing ones; it’s hit-and-miss. My favorite Gu gel flavor is strawberry banana, and no it does not taste like the mouth foam at the dentist, and my favorite chews are strawberry. Disclaimer: don’t even attempt to try the “savory dessert” flavors; you will throw up. Shoot for fruity before runs, so you don’t have the aftertaste of caramel goo for the remaining 10 miles.
- Gloves – I am a wimp when it comes to running in the cold. I have to have multiple layers, including on my hands. These don’t need to be fancy at all; mine were the $2 winter fuzzy gloves from Walmart, and I store these everywhere, so I always have a pair on hand. (Get it? *wink wink)
As a runner, all of these things are super important to make sure you have. There are other products to use, of course, but when it comes to having back ups, these are my go-to’s.
Feel free to comment your favorite products to use!
*T-69 days until I will be running the Go Girl Half Marathon here in Springfield!! I’ll keep you updated on training days, meals, and how it all fits in to the crazy college lifestyle.
Check it out! gogirlrun.com